When you live in a small space, holiday decor can be a challenge. I want to be festive, but I also don’t want to have stuff to put into storage for 11 months out of the year. Over the years I’ve come up with and come across lots of easy and cheap holiday decor ideas for small spaces. Let’s get our decorating on!
- Make a Christmas tree out of twigs.
- Make a Christmas tree out of hardcover books. So cute!
- Make a tree out of washi tape. Like this one!
- Not crafty? This tiny tree is only a foot tall and would look great on a table-top or desk.
- Hang up a colorful string of lights! They look great hung just about anywhere. I even put up lights on the outside of the Airstream last year!
- Decorate with snowflakes made out of paper coffee filters. It’s super easy and fun.
- Hang up a homemade garland. I like making mine out of construction paper, popcorn or pom-poms!
- Put out a festive bowl of vintage-style ornaments. Like this one!
- Decorate with presents! I like to wrap my presents in brown paper and leftover yarn. Brown paper can be used for all occasions and gives my presents a nostalgic-look.
- Decorate with greenery! Christmas tree stands cut extra greenery off trees and many will give it away for free or very, very cheap. One year I simply put leftover greenery in mason jars, then wrapped the jars with twine. Rustic, cheap and charming!
- Hang up a small bough of mistletoe. Kisses for all!
- Put up a small advent calendar or make your own!
- Celebrate Hanukkah? This beautiful menorah is only 5 inches tall.
- Candles add ambiance to any room. Beeswax candles are my favorite. You can DIY them or buy them online.
- And last but not least, remember it’s not all about the decorations or presents or stuff. The holidays are about the season and the people you love.
How are you decorating your small space? I want to hear about it in the comments!
love and mistletoe kisses,
This page contains affiliate links that help to pay for the hosting of this site.