I told ya’ll I was pumpkining all the things. I should just start driving a pumpkin to work, Cinderella style. My rotund orange friend has conveniently snuck in to all sweet and savory dishes that have come out of the Airstream kitchen lately. I’m sorry, husband. He’s such a good sport about it. I think he deserves a pumpkin cupcake.
But that’s not what we’re here to talk about today. Oh no. Today we’re here to talk about creamy, savory, EASY, pumpkin crockpot chili. It’s chilly and it calls for chili.
Pumpkin Crockpot Chili
- 1 1b ground beef
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling kind!)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies (don’t drain!)
- 2 diced green peppers
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder (or a small, real onion, if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or more depending on your spiciness!)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Black pepper to taste
Throw everything in the crock pot. Meat and green peppers on bottom. Stir occasionally. Let it do it’s magic for 6 hours on low. Voila! You’ve got pumpkin crock pot chili. Top with your favorite things: cheese, sour cream and avocado, recommended.
What are your favorite fall recipes? Let me know in the comments!